Sunday 10 August 2008

A Wolf at the Table


This is my current read, although the copy I purchased at Angus and Robertson in Bondi Junction has a completely different cover of a young boy.

I have read the earlier memoirs by Augusten Burroughs and found them interesting and funny. I also attended a session with Burroughs at the Sydney Writers Festival about three years ago.

I'm finding this book hard work to read. To my mind it doesn't have the same humour as the previous works and I'm not getting into it all. I'll struggle on a while longer but suspect I will not complete it.

1 comment:

  1. I've just purchased a whole lotta books online from Better World Books (cheaper than Amazon etc and they have a social conscience too) and this was one of them. I think I'll put this to the back of my reading list now.
    Oh, I also bought John Elder Robison's book after reading your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete