Friday 28 March 2008

Note book plumbing

My increasing addiction to blogging has got me thinking ahead the next few months when I will be away twice for long weekends and also hosting a friend from the country for a week. All three of these trips/visit threaten my daily blogging postings as I will not have access to my home PC.

This got me thinking to investing in a note book for travel and private blogging purposes. I'm attracted to those sexy looking Macbooks and on the past two days have been researching them at my local shopping centre.

Yesterday's research provider, Sn, was a slightly stocky but still attractive looking man in his late 20s/early 30s. Sporting a goatee, a snug fitting black tee shirt with the Apple symbol and those dreaded low slung jeans he managed to talk to me about wireless routers and the like without sending me into a catatonic state.

I decided to think over what Sn had told me. Returning to the store today and hoping to find Sn again I was a bit disappointed that he was busy with a long telephone conversation but then was enlivened when a younger and cuter looking salesman, Mt, offered to assist me.

I asked Mt what exactly I could expect to purchase with a particular model Macbook. This was a mistake. Mt proceeded to give me a detailed and for me totally unnecessary demonstration of something called iPhoto which can do everything to photos that I never imagined I would ever want. When he finally drew breath I interrupted him to say that I didn't really want to know about that software but he assured me, in all seriousness, that I could find iPhoto ever so useful should I have wedding photos where the bride sported zits!

This could have been enough to turn me off the idea of a note book purchase but I will proceed when the store receives some new supplies.

During yesterday's visit to the centre I came across Phil the Plumber. I had the impression that he was in the company of a woman causing me to further believe that he may be straight after all. They seemed to be standing together but that thinking was thrown into turmoil when he and the woman went their separate ways without speaking to each other. Maybe they weren't together at all.

To my surprise Phil the Plumber was in the centre again today. This time he definitely was in the company of a man. More interestingly that man registered very strongly on my gaydar. I'm back to reappraising Phil and am now scrutinising all my taps closely for the merest sign of a leak that would justify me calling upon Phil's plumbing services again.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the purchase if the salesman will ever leave you alone. The leaks under the kitchen sink always work best due to the positions the plumber will be subjected to. ;-)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Afod. I'm going to try another store tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete