Sunday 28 December 2014

Totem

Mt arrived from Ballina last night to visit for New Year's Eve. Ll and Fd will arrive tonight to join us. In the meantime Mt and I went, at her suggestion, to see Cirque du Soleil's Totem which finishes it Sydney season shortly.

Totem, Cirque du Soleil


I've never seen C d S live previously, only snippets on television. As I expected the entire production is a slickly run operation. The presentation, the associated marketing and staging are all carefully orchestrated, brilliantly conceived and delivered without any noticeable glitch in proceedings.

This human circus of athletes and clowns are almost unbelievably skilful performing their extraordinary tricks. I believe each of the shows is based on a theme and in the case of Totem I think the theme was the evolvement of indigenous peoples.

If I had to identify the acts that impressed me most - and frankly all the acts were impressive - I would go for the woman who performed amazing tricks whilst balancing on unicycles and a couple who did the most dangerous looking manoeuvres whilst hanging from a trapeze.

Terrific show.
★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment