Thursday 25 September 2014

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

I went to see 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' at the Savoy Theatre on The Strand. The musical is based on the film of the same name and the stage musical's success in London seems to relate to the perceived charms of Robert Lindsay. He is a skilled and experienced performer but I found him to be a bit creepy at times.

Two con men on the Riviera take a bet on which of them can extract money from a visiting heiress. It is light, faintly old fashioned mostly forgettable. A couple of the support performers were the pick of the cast and I guessed the final twist long before it was revealed.
★★1/2

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that it's old fashioned and forgettable, but I quite enjoyed the production in Sydney last year http://jamesobrien.id.au/2013/10/23/i-love-musicals/ - a fun night.

    ReplyDelete