Saturday 25 May 2013

The Place Beyond The Pines


Three short stories presented sequentially and linked by key characters is the structure for 'The Place Beyond The Pines'.

In the first story a fair ground motor cyclist turns to crime to support a child he didn't know he had fathered. The second story features a policeman hailed as a hero in dubious circumstances. The final story features two troubled young men connected by historic events.

Ten minutes into the first story I doubted I would enjoy this film but by the start of the second story I was right into it. These tales of dubious morals and corruption prove to be unexpectedly interesting.

★★★★

3 comments:

  1. This movie was made and takes place in a small city near where I grew up. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it will make the rounds of the cinema channels before too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, the title is the English translation of the Native Americans' name for the place. I grew up on the near side of those pines. :)

      Delete
    2. The area looked quite interesting wcs. Thanks for that information about the origin of the name which wasn't obvious as a movie title from my viewing of it.

      Delete