Saturday 23 June 2012

Cough, splutter....


I've got a cold. I've been coughing, spluttering and occasionally my nose has been running. It started Monday night and as I type this on Saturday afternoon the symptoms are still around.

I think it was Cs who 'gave' the cold to me. We went to Belvoir Street theatre last Saturday after first having a pub lunch together. We walked from the pub around to the theatre. It rained the entire day and was very cold. Cs sneezed numerous times during the day and each time he did so, he sneezed precisely three times in quick succession. Never more, never less than three times. How neat...or anal...is that?

Anyway, I blame Cs. Tellingly, he has had cold symptoms all week as well.

On the other hand my condition could be a side effect of my purchase of the new apartment this week. After all, the cold symptoms emerged on Monday night within hours of an escalation in the race for the apartment deal to be sealed. I didn't sleep well that night, nor the next two nights either. Three nights in succession, three sneezes in succession. Spooky, Dame Edna might have declared.

Like a true man...even if a gay one...I haven't seen the doctor...yet. I've tried self treatment in the form of a well known cough mixture I had in my bathroom cabinet. It hasn't seemed to work so far. That could be because having finally looked more closely at the bottle I discovered this morning that its use by date is in 1995. Remind me to clean out my cabinet, someone.

I've purchased a fresh bottle today. Maybe that will work.

4 comments:

  1. Get well soon :) Lots of fluid and lots of sleep is usually enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you will be moving soon you will have quite a good opportunity to clean out your cabinets closets and much else besides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcellous, the job has started....with the out of date cough mixture :)

    ReplyDelete