Wednesday 8 February 2012

A good day for the movies?


It's been so grey and wet this summer in Sydney it was scarcely surprising that the crowds were lined up for the movies at my nearby art house complex last Saturday. The only thing is that the weather had cleared into the first sunny period we had seen for weeks, yet there still we were in great numbers.

Whilst Cs and I were queued for our movie ('The Artist') we saw friends queued for other movies. Be was there with his boyfriend Wm who glared at me as though I was stalking them. I wasn't. They were queued for 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' which we had already seen.

Then Cs noticed a couple who are members of his scrabble group. They were queued for 'The Descendants' We had seen that too.

Then Jn, a fellow volunteer from the hospital rushed in to get tickets for 'The Descendants'. I was somewhat taken aback when she said she had just come from seeing 'The Women on the Sixth Floor' and was now going to see the other film back to back and that one for the second time! Two films back to back on the first sunny day for a month?

I didn't feel so bad then that we were wasting the sun to see just the one film.

2 comments:

  1. Was The Artist good? It sounds very interesting and I'd like to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fletcher - we liked it. The film is quite charming in its old fashioned simplicity.

    ReplyDelete