Sunday 18 April 2010

All old men (and sportsmen) must be straight.

(From the Sydney Morning Herald)

The news that Daniel Kowalski, former Olympic swimmer for Australia, is gay and Evol's post reminded me of an assumption last week by the Doctor who dealt with my Melanoma. Giving me her instructions for the future the Doctor, making her own assumptions about senior citizen sexuality, suggested that I get my wife to check my back periodically for changes to any markings. 'She will know your back well enough and recognise any changes that occur', was the Doctor's professional opinion.

I was tempted to respond that I would spare my wife the task of making these examinations and get my boyfriend to do it instead on those nights that he sleeps over but I resisted the temptation.

2 comments:

  1. hehehehe... how right you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boyfriend would certainly know your back intimately enough ;p

    ReplyDelete