Thursday 3 September 2009

Thursday trivialities


(The Zoo Bar in Bondi Junction)

A leisurely start to the day with breakfast at The Zoo Bar in the mall at Bondi Junction. I don't know why the waiter asks me what I want as I always select exactly the same breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon, tomato, toast and a large orange juice. This morning was no different.

Following breakfast I managed some completely unnecessary shopping at Country Road in Bondi Junction where I picked up four polo shirts all of them discounted by 30%.

Later on I drove across to the Broadway Centre to meet up with Kn for lunch. He shouted me lunch at an adjacent Asian restaurant in honour of my birthday (only two months late but the thought is what counts). I settled on a chicken based Nasi Goreng.

Then it was back to Bondi Junction for my appointment with the Podiatrist.

By then the forecast rain had arrived dropping the temperature back to an un-Spring like 16c.

All the above 'advertisements' were totally unsolicited.

And now I am home ready for a quiet night of television viewing catching up on a bundle of programs I have recorded during the week.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have eaten at that place in the mall a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to do the same thing when ordering breakfast: scrambled eggs, toast, bacon, hashbrowns.

    My friends tell me I need to branch out. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. When going to the same restaurant, I rarely order different dishes. I always stick with the trusted entree that I enjoyed the last time I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew - it is a popular place and it is a great location for people watching.

    Michael - seems like we have similar tastes.

    Ad Rad - retirement is highly recommended :-)

    Steven - I'm a bit like that too.

    ReplyDelete