Sunday 20 September 2009

Skipped Skype


A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Skype so as to keep in contact with several friends who use that program.

Soon after I noticed that my access to the Internet started to slow especially in the afternoons and evenings my time. So slow did it become at times that it felt as bad as when I had dial up service.

I wondered why the problem was mostly at the times mentioned and it occurred to me these coincided with what are likely peak times in the USA and Europe. I became suspicious that my Skype connection might have something to do with it.

Yesterday afternoon I uninstalled Skype and guess what? My Internet speeds have returned to normal.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard several stories just like this. i don't think it's the best program. I stick with yahoo messenger/webcam/microphone thru them.

    ReplyDelete