Tuesday 14 July 2009

Poor Boy


Mk and I saw Poor Boy last night. It is described as a play with songs by Matt Cameron and Tim Finn (of Split Enz fame).

On his seventh birthday Jem informs his startled parents that he is not their child but a deceased adult named Danny. What ensues is a tangled relationship between the Glass family who see themselves losing their son Jem and the Pryor family stunned to apparently have their deceased Danny returned to them.

It is an interesting tale beautifully staged and performed with a contemporary and at times haunting musical score.

This was the latest in our Sydney Theatre Company subscription series. The production originated with the Melbourne Theatre Company.

By the way, this was my first visit to a theatre or cinema since my hospitalisation three weeks ago and it was good to get back into the swing of things even though the effort left me a bit wobbly on my feet by night's end.

No comments:

Post a Comment