Thursday 15 January 2009

Marley & Me


Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston embark on married life by moving to South Florida and acquiring a dog, the incorrigible Marley. The film traces their lives and the impact of Marley upon them.

It occurred to me watching this film that it is a movie version of a blog diary documenting the daily highs and lows of marriage and family life. Nothing remarkable happens to the family but the story is engaging anyway. I have liked Aniston every time I have seen her and I feel she is an underrated performer. I am less keen on Wilson mainly because his voice irritates me somewhat but I quite liked the way jeans and trousers sit on his body in this film.

Although I have never been much of an 'animal person' I enjoyed the antics on view.

A surprisingly pleasant movie.

1 comment:

  1. yeah he never aged in the movie and sort of has that whiney voice that is the same in every movie etc etc.. ha
    but aniston is golden in any movie... slurp!
    good post.

    ReplyDelete