Tuesday 8 July 2008

Honey, honey...


Colin Firth, Meryl Streep and Dominic Cooper in Sydney today promoting Mamma Mia which opens in Australia on Thursday.

Listening to excerpts from the press conference I was surprised to hear Firth mention that he watched Abba perform live on television in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974 when he 13 years old. This means he is now 47 years of age. In fact a check of the Internet Movie Database indicates he turns 48 in September. I didn't realise Firth is in his late 40s. He looks better at that age than I did in my 20s. Lucky fellow.

I saw Dominic Cooper live on stage in Sydney about a year ago when he performed in The History Boys. I thought he was sexy then and I am looking forward to seeing him in this movie.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to the opening of Mama Mia in the US, since Spouse & I enjoyed the musical in Las Vegas so much.

    Dominic Cooper is dreamy.

    Mark :-)

    ReplyDelete