Friday 27 June 2008

Out of Africa


I watched Out of Africa tonight on Foxtel.

I think it is the first time I have seen this movie since its initial cinema screening. The Foxtel electronic guide stated the movie was released in 1994 but I was sure that it was older than that. Indeed the end credits show that the movie dates from 1985.

It is still a fine movie with magnificent photography. Meryl Streep looks so young in the movie, whilst Robert Redford's face shows the early ravages of ageing.

The African performers have superb bearing and great dignity; especially the actor who portrays the head servant.

It was an unexpected pleasure viewing this movie again.

1 comment:

  1. I knew it had to be at least as old as you eventually found out because I remember Mom buying the soundtrack (which I love) in my days before college (1986-91). I have yet to see the movie.

    ReplyDelete