Wednesday 25 June 2008

Big is here


Chris Noth ("Big" from Sex and the City) is currently in Sydney sporting the short haircut seen in the photo above which was taken on a visit to Portugal.

I've never quite understood the attraction of "Big" who to my mind was amongst the least attractive of the endless parade of men featured in SATC. His acting in that series always made him seem dull to me and I couldn't imagine what a character like Carrie Bradshaw as portrayed by Sarah Jessica Parker would see in him. Of course, in real life there is no accounting for taste so maybe his casting was in fact a brilliant piece of realism.

I saw a brief interview he conducted in Sydney on television tonight and have to admit that not only did he look quite attractive with the short haircut but he also displayed a more sparkling personality than was ever evident to me in SATC.

3 comments:

  1. Somehow I never had a liking for him when he first started on Law & Order. That, coupled with the fact that he shared first and last names with a person I despised on the next block when growing up. I always remember him with a fairly thick head of hair, It would be interesting to see him with the "buzz" haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Carrie Bradshaw and Big shared a strong chemistry that was not necessarily tied to brilliant good looks.

    Mark :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afod - funny how sometimes we relate to people through an association of ideas that their name creates in our minds.

    Mark - It was more 'Big's' personality than his looks that left me unconvinced by his relationship with Carrie.

    ReplyDelete