Wednesday 14 May 2008

State of Origin


Mt is coming to Sydney next week and we will be attending sessions at the Sydney Writers' Festival.

As it happens the first State of Origin (SOO) Rugby League match for 2008 will be played at Sydney's Olympic Stadium on Wednesday and Mt wants to see it. I booked tickets which were debited against my credit card last month but haven't yet arrived. I rang the member's information line today and they said my tickets were sent on 28 April. Evidently they have gone astray, so the Stadium will reissue my tickets and send them out today.

Mt, being a Queenslander, will be barracking for the Maroons but I, a born and bred New South Welshman, will be cheering on the Blues. I haven't seen a SOO match in years since they switched to Wednesday nights which is one of my bridge nights.

They are usually testosterone fuelled nights...and that's just in the grandstand.

2 comments:

  1. Can I just say in my favorite Billy Moore accent:
    "Queenslanderrrrrrrrrr!" Go the Maroons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muzbot - you Queenslanders infiltrate everywhere!

    ReplyDelete