Thursday 15 May 2008

Another farewell

When you are approaching the age for a Seniors Card like I am you start to have more doctor's appointments and there are more funerals to attend.

Ds died last Friday, five days after suffering a stroke. His passing was a relief as his quality of life at the nursing home had deteriorated although carers there had worked miracles to make his last years as comfortable as possible. Ds is now at peace.

I'm sure Ds' funeral this morning will be a joyous celebration of his life so I hope I do not seem disrespectful by posting this cartoon.



Hn rang me last night whilst she was sorting through old photos of Ds to display today. I reminded her of my ongoing memory of Ds in younger days with bare torso and his balls hanging loose from his ill fitting budgie smugglers (they're Speedo swimsuit briefs for the uninitiated). I know we took photos of Ds in his balls free glory! I wonder if Hn is game to use any of those at the funeral?

1 comment:

  1. Others would probably be sent to their early grave if photos were out like that at the funeral. :-|

    ReplyDelete