Tuesday 6 May 2008

Holiday weekend recap #1

The departure from Sydney and flight to the Gold Coast went smoothly and uneventfully. A young man sitting across the aisle from me turned on his laptop and watched an episode of Entourage during the flight. He had curly blonde hair and a lean body which shape was beautifully outlined through his close fitting blue jeans and clinging white tee shirt. Whilst reading my book, I took many glimpses across the aisle hoping all the time he believed I was taking in the lap top show whereas I was soaking in his sensual beauty. It was a lovely start to the holiday.

I had arranged to see my friends Rt and Jy in Helensvale before returning to the Gold Coast to join my weekend companions. Keeping this arrangement involved a taxi trip from the Gold Coast Airport to the Robina Rail followed by a train trip to Helensvale. Rt and Jy met me at the station and we adjourned to the nearby town centre for a long lunch and chat at The Tavern. The $10 lunch specials did not amount to haute cuisine but the four hour lunch chat with two long term friends was relaxing and full of fun recollections. As the afternoon progressed quite a few building workers, still dusty from their day's exertions, assembled into the bar to partake of their favourite beverages (mostly beer) providing a bonus distraction for me.

Finally it was time for me to return to Robina to join my friends for the weekend; my friends driving in from nearby Brisbane to the north and Mt making the trip from Ballina two hours to the south. I made the return train trip and then the taxi journey to our serviced apartments reaching them just as the sun set.

Mt had stopped at the nearby Pacific Fair centre to purchase items for the dinner we had agreed we would have in the apartment that evening. Basically an assortment of enticing savoury nibbles supplemented by exotic amateur cocktails. Being a teetotaller I stuck to orange juice although I was to succumb to the lure of Champagne later in the weekend.

The apartment complex, named Mykonos, was a trifle disappointing at first being in obvious need of freshening but over the weekend we grew increasingly fond of our apartment.



The ocean glimpse from our apartment (above) was nowhere near as expansive as that we had enjoyed on our previous weekend get togethers elsewhere on the coast but like our apartment the view that we did have grew more pleasurable as the weekend progressed.

We quickly fell into our usual pattern of good natured bantering, leg pulling and giggling reminiscences. When finally our aging bodies decided it was time for bed the six of us adjourned to our three bedrooms in our usual configuration of partnerships.

The weekend was off to a friendly, relaxed and enjoyable start.

2 comments:

  1. "...usual configuration of partnerships." That sure is an elegant way of putting it. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPS. Forgot to comment on the young man with the curly blonde hair.....perhaps you could have given him a "lap top show" he would have never forgotten? ;-) He was probably eyeing you more than Entourage.

    ReplyDelete