Monday 5 May 2008

Great service (not)

Here I am in the Qantas Club at the Gold Coast Airport for my return trip delayed four hours by Jetstar from my originally confirmed booking because of cancelled flights I was not notified about. The Jetstar check-in woman did not even have the grace to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the cancellation. My departure was to be 12.00 noon but now is 4.10pm and I will not be back in time for the play for which Mk and I have tickets tonight. Mk, who is back in Sydney, is trying to rearrange our tickets for another performance during his lunch break at the school where he teaches. An annoying end to an otherwise enjoyable and relaxing weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Nearly everyone I know who's flown on Jetstar has had a similar experience to you. Many swear never to fly with them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you guys have trains down there, or have your fearless leaders ripped them all out like we did in the US?

    Drive or fly. The only way to consume oil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evol - I will avoid Jetstar as much as possible in future.

    wcs - there is no direct rail link between Sydney and the Gold Coast and, yes, the railway network here has been decimated. It would be a long drive for a four day holiday, twenty to twenty-two hours round trip on a highway which is substandard in parts. I did the on numerous occasions and easily when I was younger but I am not as inclined to that type of long distance speed driving nowadays.

    ReplyDelete