Wednesday 2 April 2008

Teeth of gold?

Attended the Periodontist this morning, a regular nine monthly chore for me.

I think my Periodontist has made a living out of my check ups, the cost of which have gradually crept up and up. This morning's visit, all of five minutes in the chair at the most, set me back a cool $190. It can't be long before the $200 'barrier' is hit and no doubt passed. Even though I get about two thirds of the charge back from my private insurance it still amounts to quite a slug. I used to get a 'free' toothbrush with every visit but he no longer provides that treat.

The good doctor told me about his latest European trip at the end of today's visit. I suppose that was the least he could do seeing as I probably paid for it.

3 comments:

  1. Here in France, with the national health care system, the same visit costs €28.

    Now, with the euro doing so well, that may be close to what you spent. Ok, probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes wcs; today's exchange rate is 1 Euro = 1.72459305 Australian dollars. Dental related treatment in Australia falls outside our Medicare system, the Government is afraid of the drain on funding I presume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My insurance provider is reimbursing me $114 so my actual payment will be $76 compared wcs' $48.28 equivalent in France.

    ReplyDelete