Monday 28 January 2008

The Golden Compass


Went to see The Golden Compass with Mk and Da at their invitation. It is not a film I would have gone to see through my own initiative. I am not into storylines that revolve around fables mixed with mythology and symbolism. I enjoyed the early moments of the movie but the longer it went the less focussed I became. The hierarchies of beings and the unfamiliar names confused me. I liked the look of the film and compliment it's makers for the special effects but I can't say I would rush to see any sequels. Mk has read the books and enjoyed the film immensely. There were many families in the audience who apparently were not worried by the implied violence depicted on the screen. Seemingly the children liked it as I didn't notice any signs of restlessness amongst them.

No comments:

Post a Comment