Sunday 27 May 2018

Woof, woof...

Some friends just strain the relationship. Today is A's birthday. A couple of days back I asked what her plans were for the day and in the absence of any I suggested we meet for brunch bringing C along with me. A said she would bring B with her.

Selecting a venue was another matter. I invited her to make the selection - it is her birthday after all - but she resisted throwing the choice back to me. Knowing that she would usually be dog walking beforehand I suggested the cafe at Centennial Park...but would she still have the dog with her, I asked, given that outdoor seating which allows for accompanying dogs would be limited. No, A assured me the dog would be safely back home.

So when we arrived at the cafe I was slightly surprised to see A with dog in tow after all.


But not too surprised. So like A to do the opposite of what was arranged. The cafe was packed with no outdoor tables available at all and only one table for four unoccupied inside.

We'd agreed beforehand that whoever arrived first would get a table for the four of us. Naturally, in the interim A had invited two others to join us but said nothing to me. Luckily we were able to squeeze ourselves around that table.

The dog, however, had to be returned home whilst the rest of us waited patiently for the guest of honour to rejoin us.

No comments:

Post a Comment