Monday 14 May 2018

Sign of the times

An awful day at the hospital today. Many patients about and insufficient staff to attend to them. Some of the staff who I saw present in the morning had mysteriously disappeared in the afternoon.


It was only when I signed off for the day that I learnt from my supervisor that several dozens of staff received 'their envelopes'.

I didn't understand at first. The hospital's organisation is being restructured (economising) and some positions will disappear along with their occupants. A pity. A dearly loved and respected institution in our city being torn apart in the name of making a profit.

2 comments:

  1. Restructuring sounds almost benign, until you learn what it is really all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some very good people are going Andrew. Quite unfair really.

      Delete