Tuesday 3 April 2018

Pacific Rim: Uprising


I should have taken more notice of the poster. For some reason I thought that 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' was about some type of natural disaster - an earthquake or Tsunami or the like - and I quite enjoy images of well known landmarks crumbling before the might of acts of God. Says something about me, I suppose.

But this film is a sequel to 'Pacific Rim' which apparently was about war between humans and sea monsters.

I don't know what the original film was like but presumably to warrant a sequel it must have done well at the Box Office. It couldn't have been worse than the sequel could it?

Set some thirty or so years later 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' is also about war between humans and some type of monsters. Plot is minimal, dialogue is incomprehensible and acting standards are low. There are occasional glimpses of Sydney, Shanghai and Mount Fuji.

I was bored within minutes of the start. The pre-teenage boys, in the majority of the audience at the session I attended, gave it weak applause at the end.

✮½

No comments:

Post a Comment