Thursday 1 February 2018

The Shape of Water


A mute cleaner enters into an unusual relationship with an amphibian creature held captive at a military installation. Set in the 1960s against the background of the Cold War and the space race between the Soviet Union and the United States, the central focus of 'The Shape of Water' is acceptance and the desire for companionship and love. Anything is normal depending on your perspective and attitude.

A polarising film - friends of mine have liked it or loathed it. I liked it.

✮✮✮½

2 comments:

  1. I was telling Nathan that I would like to see the movie. I was giving him a brief synopsis. And he replied "So it's like Beauty and the Beast?".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think of the comparison myself AdRad but I suppose Nathan is correct.

      Delete