Wednesday 3 May 2017

Berlin Syndrome


Clare (Teresa Palmer), an Australian tourist in Berlin, meets local teacher Andi (Max Riemelt) who takes her home for the evening. The next morning after Andi has left for his work, Clare finds herself locked in his apartment. Is the lock in deliberate or accidental?

'Berlin Syndrome' is a slow burn thriller/mystery which has its moments but the rationale for Andi's behaviour is never fully explained and the final resolution appears superficial and unconvincing.

✮✮1/2

2 comments:

  1. Max Riemelt starred in a terrific gay film called "Freefall". Max– and my love of Berlin–really makes me want to see the film. But I heard there were some violent elements that put me off. I can't handle anything gory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some gory moments and not much of Berlin is on display. Must keep an eye out for 'Freefall'.

      Delete