Sunday 4 December 2016

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them


Despite my love all types of films for some reason I have never been able to bring myself to see any of the Harry Potter series. I just haven't been tempted even though the various trailers seemed attractive enough to me.

I gather that 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' is in some ways a prequel to the Potter stories and as it was the only film as yet unseen by me screening at a time when a friend and I wanted to take in a movie I was finally exposed to a 'Potter like' movie.

A young Englishman arrives in New York for some reason I either missed hearing or else was never explained to my understanding. He has a small suitcase containing some fantastic beasts. What ensues is two and half hours or so - it seemed much longer to me - of mostly tedious and chaotic magical events affecting both the city and its inhabitants. Some of the beasts seemed cute to me but elicited not a murmur of reaction from the huge cinema patronage. The effects are impressive but I had little idea about and less interest in what was happening.

I gather there are possibly four more films in this new series to follow. I doubt that I'll be seeing them.

✶1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment