Thursday 1 October 2015

Memories of visas past

(Living Large, Spending Small blog)

Next month I am off to Vietnam and Cambodia with a couple of friends.

This week it was time to apply for the relevant visas. First cab off the rank was a visa for Vietnam. The visa can be applied for online through the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Very 21st Century I thought as I started to complete the online application. Sadly the reality didn't match the theory. Try and try as I did I just could not get my application past the validation screen. I tried. Believe me, I tried. I tried many, many, many times.

Eventually I gave up trying the online route. The old fashioned method of application proved far easier. I obtained a hard copy of the application form, completed it and submitted it by hand. Luckily, the Consulate for Vietnam in Sydney is located in the office block next to my apartment building. Effectively, it is next door to me.

Bah, humbug, 21st Century!

No comments:

Post a Comment