Thursday 6 August 2015

Time for a break?

I was in the city today and noticed what at first glance appeared to be one of those dumpling outlets where you can see the chefs making the dumplings by hand behind glass.


However it was a bit early in the day for dumplings and I noticed the unmistakeable logo of a certain chocolate covered wafer biscuit.

At closer inspection I discovered it is an outlet where customers can order their own exotically designed biscuits which are then created by those workers in the glass fronted booth.


I'm not sure I'd bother being a customer, especially after seeing this notice alongside the queue of people.


A two hours wait? Give me a break!

4 comments:

  1. And yet there are folks prepared to wait! I tend to go to these sorts of places after the hype has died down. By then, the crowds have gone and all the early 'new shop' teething problems have been ironed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AdRad, I wonder how long this will last. I suspect in a few weeks it will be gone and forgotten. The people in that queue remained patient and seemed to spend the time with eyes glued to their smart phones.

      Delete
  2. I doubt that I'd wait two hours for earths last air supply. But that probably speaks volumes about my lack of patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, some people just have to be involved in any fad no matter the cost.

      Delete