Saturday 1 August 2015

This cat has no curiosity


When it comes to other people I have little innate curiosity. Catching up with friends I may ask the polite questions about their health and what they have been up to but rarely will I explore further.

Reporting those exchanges to mutual friends later they (our mutual friends) are always frustrated that I didn't ascertain more information. Is our friend travelling again? Did the sofa s/he ordered arrive? Did their auntie die from that rare disease? Have the neighbours reconciled after the blazing row s/he overheard? And so on and so forth.

Although I am quite partial to gossip I rarely remember the details and so am in no position to follow up on it later. Even on those occasions when I do recall such gossip and ask the related questions for reporting later I almost always forget the specifics of the answer by the time of the follow up 'debrief'.

If I were a cat all nine of my lives would be safely in reserve.

4 comments:

  1. Your gay card is at great risk if you don't improve your standard of gossip gathering and retelling with embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, my gay card has been in mothballs for some years now (except in my mind).

      Delete
  2. You'd be great to confide in....no worry of gossip spreading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AdRad, yes those great secrets are safe in my hands (and lost in my hard drive!).

      Delete