Wednesday 8 July 2015

Butchart Gardens

My friends know that I could kill a cactus. I have no ability to foster flowers, plants or maintain a garden. I can't tell an A from a Z (fill in names of any flower or plant of your pleasure). So a visit to a  garden display is not the first outing I would select.

The Butchart Gardens was on our tour itinerary and I went along without high expectations.

Wow! They are impressive. Even with my lack of interest in this art and hampered by a degree of colour blindness I was blown away the magnificence of the display.

Here is a small sample. (Don't ask me to name anything displayed.)

The Sunken Garden


Japanese Garden


6 comments:

  1. Wow. Stunning. I particularly like the steps in the pond of the Japanese garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was impressed too AdRad, and it's not really my interest.

      Delete
  2. The Butchart Gardens are absolutely stunning. Perhaps even the finest I've ever seen. Kew in the UK is close but I love the planting designs at Butchart. Your photos do them great justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Craig, even to a flora ignoramus like me these gardens were spectacular.

      Delete