Tuesday 9 June 2015

When it came to it....

...I just couldn't be bothered.

Yesterday, a holiday Monday I lazed around the apartment all day.

I knew I had to get ready eventually. Shower and dress properly. I had a ticket for the theatre in the evening. Around 4pm I headed for the shower and then I procrastinated. I wasn't all that enthusiastic about the scheduled play. Its not as if it was a play I had been eager to see. Actually I knew nothing about it. Would I miss the play if I didn't see it?

And then there was the Vivid Light Festival. Last night of the Festival. The crowds would be out in force. Getting to and from the theatre with the masses about would not be fun.

As soon as the procrastination started there was an inevitable outcome. Stuff it. I wouldn't go. A ticket and $70 something down the drain. I do this once every two or three years.

It was back to the lounge room couch.


Turned the television on.

Finita la musica.

4 comments:

  1. It is a challenge at times to go out, but if you have a nice home, how good is it to stay home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wasted day really Andrew but very relaxing.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for retirement so I can do exactly what you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A wasted opportunity nonetheless AdRad

      Delete