Tuesday 12 May 2015

Sunset over Walcha

Sunset over Walcha

Flying back from Brisbane last Saturday evening I took this photo of the lovely sunset with my iPhone. Interestingly although the camera was set to the required Airplane mode the phone still registered the location where the photo was taken. The lights of the town of Walcha can just be seen left of centre.

Although we were already in descent into Sydney the aeroplane's cabin lights were not dimmed as seems usual practice. Consequently the reflection from inside the cabin is visible in the photograph.

4 comments:

  1. I have a soft spot for Walcha. A guy I dated many years ago was from there. An interesting, artistic community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting how we associate pleasant (and I suppose unpleasant) memories with locations, objects, aromas and the like.

      Delete
  2. The light on the horizon is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was even better a few minutes earlier AdRad but it took me a while to get my phone out for the photograph.

      Delete