Tuesday 26 May 2015

Capitol, my boy, capitol



When we saw Les Miserables last week I was somewhat taken aback when the usher scanned my home printed tickets and informed us that we were in possession of Capitol Class tickets. The musical is being staged in Sydney's Capitol Theatre.

The usher explained we were entitled to 'complimentary' programs, chocolates, an ice cream and a beverage each. Presumably I paid a surcharge for this 'privilege' when purchasing our tickets online but I have no recollection of doing so. More to the point I would not have selected that option had I known that was what I was being offered.

Anyway, my companion Mt asked whether she might substitute a souvenir fridge magnet, to which she had taken her fancy, rather than accept an ice cream but any variation to our entitlement was firmly refused.

'How much is the magnet?' enquired Mt innocently. '$10' replied the Capitol Class Counter functionary. There was no way Mt would pay $10 for a simple fridge magnet, no matter the ongoing fond memories of her favourite musical its presence on her refrigerator might bring.

I'll make sure we are back to the Hoi Polloi Class next time.

2 comments:

  1. That must have been quite annoying to have paid extra and not being aware of it. R was caught when he booked our Sydney flights which by default included travel insurance that we did not need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Andrew, you have to be careful of the fine print in the long list of items to be checked or 'unchecked' in the online list.

      Delete