Tuesday 12 November 2013

The Counselor


Michael Fassbender is 'The Counselor' (lawyer) who finds himself a target for revenge when a drug deal goes awry.

The production design is the highlight for me with contrasting scenes of the high and low life of crime providing some stunning images.

The narrative progresses with a series of conversations interspersed with violent and occasionally bizarre activities.

Fassbender, a devious Cameron Diaz and a typically uber-cool Brad Pitt are the standout performers in a film where image mostly trumps plot.

2 comments:

  1. There are ads in tram and bus shelters and my lips tighten every time I see the word Counselor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Andrew. I used to be irritated at the sight of American spelling but my resistance has lessened in recent years. A consequence of the ubiquitous internet I suspect.

      Delete