Thursday 7 November 2013

About Time


I think the charm of the Richard Curtis style of romantic comedy is wearing off on me. Yes, I enjoyed 'Notting Hill' and 'Love Actually' wasn't too bad if overstuffed with competing story lines.

And now we have 'About Time', a romantic comedy about a fumbling young man who upon turning 21 learns the family secret that the men in the family can time travel and make minor adjustments to what happened in the past.

It's all a bit twee with the usual array of eccentric, occasionally irritating, English personalities. I don't mind the notion of time travel but I spent most of the movie turning over in my mind the practical illogicalities of revisiting an incident multiple times and so lost interest in the film well before the obvious finale.
★★1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment