Monday 7 October 2013

Daylight-lagged


I'm not a dinosaur on the issue of daylight saving. I don't believe it makes the curtains fade nor do I believe the cows get confused by the change in their milking time; not that I have any cows to milk anyway.

I like daylight saving.

But I do suffer, ever so briefly, in the transition. The first couple of days in the transition - either to daylight saving or from daylight saving - I wake feeling as if I have been drugged. It's not a major thing, just a minor irritation that I can't seem to escape.

It happened again yesterday, the first day of daylight saving for 2013/14 in (some states of) Australia. I awoke feeling very slightly doped. I mentioned this to Cs and Ch with whom I had spent the previous evening on my balcony watching the International Fleet Review fireworks display and they both reported a similar  reaction. Cs felt it might have been the affects of the smokey fireworks atmosphere we had experienced before going to bed.

Maybe that's an explanation but it is a feeling I experience each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment