Friday 10 May 2013

Ring it again Sam.....

.....it's still the same old story...


This is a telephone. My home telephone. Correction, one of my three home telephones.

None of them is working today. I phoned my service provider - whose name I refuse to publicise here - to report the fault. Not for the first time have I experienced faults. Probably the umpteenth, plus one, time actually.

After going through the usual automatic gateways and then having to repeat orally to a consultant what I input automatically moments earlier I was advised the fault lies with the provider (unless later checks reveal otherwise).

The fault will be fixed by 7pm on 22 May 2013. That is only 12 days away. Is that service? I don't believe so.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

4 comments:

  1. I would be naming and shaming them. What is the point of entering you phone number on the keypad as the first thing that happens when you eventually speak to someone, what is your phone number?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that actually....gasp...a landline?!?!?! I've heard tell they still exist ;-)

    Sean
    Www.Idleeyesandadormy.Com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew, you know the system only too well

    Breenlantern, nice to hear from you again. In some ways we are a backwards country down under!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get why you aren't naming them. Phone providers are notorious for having awful service and such long turn around times to have the problems fixed.

    ReplyDelete