Tuesday 19 March 2013

An old Queen in Sydney


The Queen Mary 2 in Sydney today as viewed from Mrs Macquaries Point. It is berthed at the Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay and in the above pic is seen between the southern roadway to the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. QM2 departs Sydney at midnight tonight headed eventually for its home port at Southampton but stopping first, for Andrew's benefit, in Melbourne.

My friend Sn will be on board as far as Durban in South Africa. This old Queen, that is to say; I, have promised Sn to farewell her by dancing nude in my bedroom window flashing the lights on and off so that she can identify my apartment from the vessel.

If I'm not heard from again then the best guess is that I have been detained for offensive behaviour. Either way, Sn's cruise can only improve after a start like that.

Here is another pic taken today from the same vantage point but without the zoom. It is a very popular photographic stopping point for tourists for obvious reasons.


2 comments:

  1. I recently had a dream wherein I sailed from Southampton to Sydney on a big liner. We stopped in the Caribbean, proceeded through the Panama Canal, on to Tahiti, then to Sydney. I know it was a dream because Sam Neill was our captain.

    Lovely shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam Neill has just the persona to be Captain of a luxury liner.

    ReplyDelete