Saturday 26 January 2013

En route

A five hours connection wait in Santiago for the onward flight to Buenos Aires.

We are entertained by a procession of arriving Heads of Government for a three days conference in Chile on business between countries of Latin America and the Caribbean and the European Union taking place literally metres away from us on the tarmac.

Guests welcomed to Chile by the Foreign Minister include the Chancellor of Germany and the Presidents of Brazil, Colombia, Argentina and Bolivia. A television set in the LAN Business Lounge is set to a 24 hours news channel conveniently broadcasting proceedings live and so providing us with clues to the identity of arriving dignitaries.

Meanwhile I am typically also entertained by local colour around me.

Testing my camera in the LAN Airlines Business Lounge

Having arrived for my departure flight at Sydney Airport at 8.30am Saturday morning I finally reach my Buenos Aires hotel room at the equivalent of 11am Sunday morning, Sydney time. I am weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment