Saturday 15 December 2012

Why?

(Reuters)

As I type this, news about the latest mass shooting in the USA at Sandy Hook Elementary School is still unfolding.

Early reports indicate that there are 27 dead including relative(s) of the shooter at what was referred to as a secondary scene. Twenty of the dead are children. The radio tells me that in the USA Elementary School is for children aged between 5 and 10.

Now, let me say - just for the sake of argument - that the shooter and his dead relative(s) had a falling out of some nature that led to their shootings. I can sort of understand that. Not condone it, but understand it.

What I don't understand is why someone would shoot at the school children. What is going on in the shooter's mind? How does it come to that?

Why would it happen? Why? Why? Why?

I just don't understand.

5 comments:

  1. God moves in mysterious ways and who really knows what goes on in the mind of men?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone went crazy in Chinese school, but with a knife and the result was not nearly as bad. Obama has four years and little to lose. He should go in hard on gun control now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that Charlton Heston has left the scene the chances might be brighter, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Admiring the hard work you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.

    It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information.
    Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.
    Take a look at my webpage ... weight loss reviews

    ReplyDelete