Friday 7 December 2012

Celeste and Jesse Forever


Celeste and Jesse are best friends who live together and bill and coo in each other's company as though they are newlyweds. They are in fact married but they are moving to divorce. It's a case of can't live happily together married but can live happily together separated. Their lovey dovey friendship irritates their closest friends. It irritated me too.

When one of them enters into a new relationship the happily separated status begins to be strained.

I don't know that I bought the overall premise in 'Celeste and Jesse Forever' and more to the point I didn't care that much. Professional critics in this country are quite taken with the movie but the endless verbosity of some of the characters didn't do much for me.

The chuckles from others in the audience suggest I might be in the minority with this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment