Tuesday 18 September 2012

Cat on a cold concrete balcony

No, not a Tennessee Williams creation. It moved just as I snapped the photo. It had been sitting snug on the balcony ledge, nine stories up, in the shadow of my adjoining apartment, on a cool Sunday morning, possibly waiting for the warmth of the rising sun to reach it.


In the background, the yuppy, uppy suburb of Paddington. The tall structure in the distant left is the Paddington Town Hall clock tower covered in scaffolding whilst undergoing refurbishment. The chimney in the distant right belonged to the former Royal Hospital for Women, reinvented some years ago as a complex of upmarket townhouses and apartments.

4 comments:

  1. Victor, for a moment I thought you had a pussy. (you knew I would say something like that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew, you never let me down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great views Victor.

    ReplyDelete