Wednesday 11 July 2012

Going, going, gone



I am financing the purchase of my new apartment by selling my current apartment and my late mother's apartment. Both were placed on the market two weeks ago for sale by auction scheduled for 24 July.

In the meantime interest in terms of viewing numbers has been encouraging and competitive offers ahead of auction have been received.

To my relief both apartments have sold ahead of auction. Contracts for my mother's apartment were exchanged last evening, the purchaser being my mother's next door neighbour. Contracts for my apartment were exchanged barely minutes ago and less than five hours after the purchaser made her first enquiry and viewing. Don't some people move quickly!

Now for the task of clearing both apartments and establishing myself in the new apartment.

5 comments:

  1. How smoothly things have happened for you. Perhaps good management on your part. It was rarely the case for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the speed of it all, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Victor. When I need to sell my apartment, I might fly you in to do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ad Rad....to paraphrase....I just lay back and thought of Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on both sales Victor - such a relief to sell before auction date.

    ReplyDelete