Saturday 5 May 2012

Archie

Today, one of the major banks arranged free entry for its cardholders into the Archibald Prize 2012. I took advantage of the offer this morning before meeting up with My for a movie. I walked through the Domain to the Art Gallery.

The Domain, quiet on a Saturday morning

NSW Art Gallery just before opening time

The waiting crowd was as interesting as some of the artwork.

Enjoying the sun whilst waiting for entry

By opening time several hundred people were queued for entry and once inside it took me twenty minutes before I was able to collect my ticket.

The queue for tickets, deeper than this photo suggests

Viewing art is a tiring activity for some.


2 comments:

  1. Big nose, big...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last photo made me laugh out loud. I'd love to visit.

    ReplyDelete