Sunday 12 February 2012

Weekend


Two gay men, one outgoing and confident in his sexuality, the other partially closeted and cautious, meet in a bar one night and spend the Weekend together.

I thought the first half of the film was a quite accurate representation of what many gay men experience from a new encounter where you are strongly attracted to each other and eager to pursue a potential relationship. After that the film's development seemed less likely to me but that might simply be that I have never had such a rapid and deep exposure to someone new.

The acting and settings were natural and the film was successful in drawing my sympathy for the characters but I did have difficulty understanding the regional English accents of the two leads.

A film mostly of interest to the gay community I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment