Tuesday 21 February 2012

My Week With Marilyn


Based on the memoirs of a well connected young man, Colin Clark, who badgered his way into a production assistant's position in cinema to find himself Third Assistant Director on Sir Laurence Olivier's The Prince and the Showgirl and effectively at the beck and call of Marilyn Monroe then the most famous film star in the world.

My Week With Marilyn is a beautifully acted piece that relates the often told difficulties between Olivier and Monroe and the role Clark played in defusing the flames. Michelle Williams is outstanding as Monroe.

3 comments:

  1. We saw a trailer for it. The movie looked quite good and Clark was someone I had not heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V, you go to so many films. You don't think of catching any at the Mardi Gras film festival? They're a mixed bag but there could be some of interest, and your views themselves would make lively reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very nice film Andrew filled with all those British performers we love to see and as I mentioned Michelle Williams is outstanding.

    Marcellous you are too generous referring to my inane comments on movies as 'lively reading'. For some reason I rarely find that the Mardi Gras films I might like to see are screened at sessions that are convenient to me so in the end the best I manage is to see the films that eventually receive a commercial season later on.

    ReplyDelete