Sunday 24 April 2011

How good was Friday?

Too often in my memory Sydney has endured wet Easters. And I mean really wet. I still remember Easter 1988 when it rained for the entire four day weekend...non stop. Mt stayed with me for that weekend and we visited the Easter Show at the old Royal Agricultural Society grounds at Moore Park on the Good Friday plowing through mud, slush and watery paths and struggling for shelter with the 100,000 plus others visiting that day.

So this year's Good Friday with a maximum temperature of 26c (79f) and it's sunny and blue skies was very pleasing. Rushcutters Bay Park, down the road from my home, was buzzing with leisurely activity.

Whether you wanted to contemplate on your own...


...or pair up...





...perhaps you prefer a threesome?...



...or a crowd bigger than Ben-Hur?...



...but what attracted me most was the 'dance of the males' as they kicked footballs of various shapes and sizes to the background of an unheard soundtrack called leisure...





After all that activity there is only one thing left to do...


Sadly, as I draft this posting on Easter Saturday the rain has arrived and has set in. Oh well, it was good whilst it lasted.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice scenery. RBP is a treasure.

    ReplyDelete