Friday 18 March 2011

DILF

Coincidence is a strange thing. Have you ever noticed coming across an event, or situation, or term for the first time ever only to encounter the same thing again almost immediately? Two identical instances in short succession having never encountered them previously? It is a phenomenom I've noticed in the past and it happened to me again today.

I was watching Ellen DeGeneres interview Ryan Phillippe today and he spoke about being referred to as a DILF. I had never heard of the term and was wondering what on earth he was talking about until I worked out from his conversation that the word was most likely an acronym for 'Dads I'd Like to Fuck'.

Fast forward a few hours and I'm reading Yani's blog and what should he write in his post but "Hello Mr DILF!"

Two references to DILF in the one day having never heard the term previously. A check for DILF in Google confirmed that my acronym assumption was spot on.
 
Then I thought I would check DILF in Google images and the very first response was the photo above of actor Christopher Meloni. Having seen Mr Meloni full frontal in the HBO television prison drama Oz I can only refer to my newly acquired term and quote Yani, "Hello Mr DILF"!

7 comments:

  1. I know him from Law & Order, hot guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never heard of DILF, but I have now. Ryan Phillipe used to be gorgeous. Don't tell me he is a DILF now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Adam.

    Phillipe looked pretty good to me yesterday; as the saying goes he looks pretty buff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree.he's a cutie pie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the co-incidence thing might also be a factor of becoming more observant once you are aware of something. Maybe DILF just passed you by on some other occasions. It's a bit like when you get a new kind of car, and then all of a sudden you are always noticing the other cars of that type on the road.

    Alternatively (though maybe there is an intersect here), DILF is a vogue acronym, and you are surfing its ripples on the sea of language (as well as creating a few yourself: I'm sure I'll be spotting it soon, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, if I had come across him, I'd certainly hope to do it again, almost immediately. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you are correct, Marcellous

    Join the queue, wcs!

    ReplyDelete