Tuesday 18 January 2011

Balmain fruit

A couple of mates and I did our 'seniors' thing today and took the ferry across to the 'trendy' suburb of Balmain in the inner west of Sydney. We wandered up and down the main shopping area in Darling Street soaking up the village atmosphere as well as checking out the numerous cafes before deciding on one for our lunch.

There were some very interesting businesses along the strip including these two fruit and vegetable shops located only a few doors apart.

2 comments:

  1. I have a real soft spot for Darling Street, which seems to crop up in my life often (and sometimes in unexpected ways). For many years, one of my uncles owned a convenience store and we used to stay with him every time we'd visit Sydney. Some of my uni friends also live along that street and, more recently, I found myself rushing back to Oz to go to the Balmain hospital (where paternal grandma was sent after suffering a stroke on a day trip to Sydney). So...for various reasons, I'm always drawn back to that street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ad Rad; it is a street with great atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete